Distressed properties commercial real estate services
Avison Young’s distressed property team has the extensive technical knowledge and expertise to manage, value, lease, market and sell your distressed properties to minimize risk, and maximize proceeds.
From receivership to management, leasing and disposition, corporate and asset strategy to implementation we cover a full-range of services. Our expert appraisers and knowledgeable brokers provide detailed appraisal studies and concise Broker Opinions of Value reports and Broker Pricing Opinions.
Our key service lines to aid in distressed asset situations:
- Valuation and Advisory Services
- Business Consulting & Advisory Services
- Real Estate Management Services
- Project Management Services
- Real Estate Consulting & Advisory Services
- Leasing Strategy & Agency Services
- Property Tax Appeal
- Capital Markets, Debt Services, & Investment Sales
Experts in all asset classes, specializing in:
- Asset and portfolio strategy
- Accredited appraisal & valuation services
- Receivership and judicial/court-ordered sale listing services
- Listing proposals and broker opinions of value
- Licensed property management services to assist receivers
- Advisory services for insolvency, workouts and restructuring (businesses, assets/real estate and debt)
- Expert witness testimony and litigation support in court or arbitration
- Corporate real estate strategy including workplace, industrial and retail footprint optimization
Structured to support your distressed property, no matter the scope.
Our services are aligned to offer full or partial support of your unique distressed property experience.
01 Understand your asset
Analyze and value distressed property situations and provide solutions to align with your business and real estate needs.
02 Take control and stabilize
Complete property administration, project management and maintenance takeover.
03 Create value
Discover and resolve unknown issues and disputes to better position your asset in the market.
04 Disposition / exit
Strategic disposition and exit strategies to effectively market and sell your assets for maximum value.
Avison Young COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Resource Centre - Global real estate insights and expertise
As this unprecedented situation continues to rapidly evolve, Avison Young's briefing notes are intended to provide our clients with an up-to-date assessment of the impact on the commercial real estate market.
Distressed property services news and updates
Avison Young broadens client offerings, adding to Occupier Services team in TorontoJune 23, 2022
Sanjiv Chadha joins as Principal
Toronto, ON – With a focus on helping clients reach meaningful, successful real estate and business goals, Avison Young is broadening its expertise in Toronto’s occupier services division with the appointment of Sanjiv Chadha as Principal and Broker, Occupier Services.
“It brings me great joy to welcome Sanjiv to the team as a leading expert in representing occupiers’ needs,” said Ted Davis, Principal and Managing Director, Toronto West and Southwestern Ontario. “He is extremely diversified, having advised large corporations on their global real estate strategies in more than 15 countries worldwide so I know this exposure will position him for success in his new role with Avison Young.”
Chadha will be responsible for helping occupiers reach their goals with their industrial and office space, and other corporate facilities. He will offer integrated, customized solutions by collaborating with the comprehensive occupier service lines within Avison Young, such as Workplace Consulting and Project Management, all while ensuring a seamless experience for clients.
With more than 21 years of experience in international real estate, Chadha has held roles of increasing responsibility – most recently as an Executive Vice President of Corporate Solutions, providing comprehensive real estate services in North America, South America, Europe and Asia. He has completed assignments with more than $1 billion in transactional value and has over 18 million square feet transacted, having worked on projects ranging from lease restructuring, dispositions, portfolio management/optimization, build-to-suit, investment acquisitions, and sale-leasebacks. A graduate from University of Ottawa, Chadha’s professional achievements include yearly National Top Performer designation and Everest Club designation for top 10% producers – both with Colliers.
“I’m very much looking forward to this next stage in my career, joining Avison Young,” said Chadha. “The firm offers a breadth of workplace solutions and cutting-edge intelligence rooted in technology – so I’m looking forward to working with real-time data and research that help clients make nimble, critical decisions.”
About Avison Young
Avison Young creates real economic, social and environmental value as a global real estate advisor, powered by people. As a private company, our clients collaborate with an empowered partner who is invested in their success. Our integrated talent realizes the full potential of real estate by using global intelligence platforms that provide clients with insights and advantage. Together, we can create healthy, productive workplaces for employees, cities that are centers for prosperity for their citizens, and built spaces and places that create a net benefit to the economy, the environment and the community.
Avison Young is a 2022 winner of the Canada's Best Managed Companies Platinum Club designation, having retained its Best Managed designation for 11 consecutive years.
For more information:
- Andrea Zviedris, Media Relations, Avison Young Canada: +1.416.891.7416
- Greater Toronto Area investment review (Q3 2022)
- Winnipeg Office Market Report (Q3 2022)
- Edmonton Office Market Report Q3 2022
- Calgary Office Market Report Q3 2022
- Greater Toronto Area industrial market report (Q3 2022)
- Fall 2022 Metro Vancouver Industrial Overview
- Greater Toronto Area Office Market Report (Q3 2022)
- Edmonton Industrial Market Report Q3 2022
- Greater Montreal Area industrial market report (Q3 2022)
- Q3 2022 Downtown Vancouver Office Tenant Profile Report
- Canada Hotel Market Report (Mid-2022 Recap)
- Winnipeg Industrial Market Report (Q2 2022)