Distressed properties commercial real estate services
Avison Young’s distressed property team has the extensive technical knowledge and expertise to manage, value, lease, market and sell your distressed properties to minimize risk, and maximize proceeds.
From receivership to management, leasing and disposition, corporate and asset strategy to implementation we cover a full-range of services. Our expert appraisers and knowledgeable brokers provide detailed appraisal studies and concise Broker Opinions of Value reports and Broker Pricing Opinions.
Our key service lines to aid in distressed asset situations:
- Valuation and Advisory Services
- Business Consulting & Advisory Services
- Real Estate Management Services
- Project Management Services
- Real Estate Consulting & Advisory Services
- Leasing Strategy & Agency Services
- Property Tax Appeal
- Capital Markets, Debt Services, & Investment Sales
Experts in all asset classes, specializing in:
- Asset and portfolio strategy
- Accredited appraisal & valuation services
- Receivership and judicial/court-ordered sale listing services
- Listing proposals and broker opinions of value
- Licensed property management services to assist receivers
- Advisory services for insolvency, workouts and restructuring (businesses, assets/real estate and debt)
- Expert witness testimony and litigation support in court or arbitration
- Corporate real estate strategy including workplace, industrial and retail footprint optimization
Structured to support your distressed property, no matter the scope.
Our services are aligned to offer full or partial support of your unique distressed property experience.
01 Understand your asset
Analyze and value distressed property situations and provide solutions to align with your business and real estate needs.
02 Take control and stabilize
Complete property administration, project management and maintenance takeover.
03 Create value
Discover and resolve unknown issues and disputes to better position your asset in the market.
04 Disposition / exit
Strategic disposition and exit strategies to effectively market and sell your assets for maximum value.
Avison Young COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Resource Centre - Global real estate insights and expertise
As this unprecedented situation continues to rapidly evolve, Avison Young's briefing notes are intended to provide our clients with an up-to-date assessment of the impact on the commercial real estate market.
Distressed property services news and updates
Avison Young makes 2040 Net Zero commitmentJuly 14, 2022
Avison Young to reduce the carbon impact of their workplaces globally to net zero by 2040.
Toronto, Chicago, London – Coinciding with the release of their 2021 Environmental Social and Governance (ESG) Report and the introduction of their 2022 ESG Strategy, Avison Young today announced a commitment to reduce the carbon impact of their workplaces globally to net zero by 2040, and halving their current carbon impact by 2030. This action builds on the firm’s March 2020 commitment to reduce carbon emissions to net zero in all its U.K. -based offices by 2030. Avison Young’s action plans to achieve these goals include prioritising leasing retrofitted and sustainably refurbished spaces, implementing energy efficiency plans and maximising renewable energy procurement and investments. A focus on measuring and reducing other material operational emissions is also a key element of this commitment.
Avison Young’s ESG strategy, detailed in the report, is guided by the vision: Local transformations, global impact, which in practical application means focusing on the institutional world, but the changes we make start with our communities.
Avison Young Chair and CEO Mark Rose commented: “As we face the consequences of the ongoing climate crisis and emerge from a global pandemic, it’s imperative that we take immediate and impactful action, putting people and the planet first. Sharing insights and strategies across boundaries is vital to meeting the world’s challenges, but ultimately the work that we do with our clients is local: connected to real places in real communities. It’s at this level that our work creates the most value — making the built environment greener and more resilient, neighbourhoods more vibrant and prosperous, helping people and communities thrive.”
To deliver the strategy, a unified global team of ESG and sustainability experts has been put in place, led by Jon Gibson, Principal and Global Director, ESG at Avison Young: “Our strategy is guided by the unwavering belief that the economic, environmental and social value we create meets the needs of our most important stakeholders; our people, clients and communities, whilst adding value to our business.”
The release of Avison Young’s first global 2022 strategy follows a series of momentum-building achievements throughout 2021 detailed in the 2021 ESG Report including:
- Membership to the World Economic Forum (WEF) and adoption of their 10 Green Building Principles
- Being the inaugural recipient of the GlobeSt. 2021 Real Estate Forum’s Diversity Champion award
- Hitting a milestone 60,000 hours of Avison Young employee time donated to support our communities over the past five years through our annual Day of Giving event.
About Avison Young
Avison Young creates real economic, social and environmental value as a global real estate advisor, powered by people. As a private company, our clients collaborate with an empowered partner who is invested in their success. Our integrated talent realizes the full potential of real estate by using global intelligence platforms that provide clients with insights and advantage. Together, we can create healthy, productive workplaces for employees, cities that are centers for prosperity for their citizens, and built spaces and places that create a net benefit to the economy, the environment and the community.
Avison Young is a 2022 winner of the Canada's Best Managed Companies Platinum Club designation, having retained its Best Managed designation for 11 consecutive years.
For more information:
- Greater Toronto Area investment review (Q3 2022)
- Winnipeg Office Market Report (Q3 2022)
- Edmonton Office Market Report Q3 2022
- Calgary Office Market Report Q3 2022
- Greater Toronto Area industrial market report (Q3 2022)
- Fall 2022 Metro Vancouver Industrial Overview
- Greater Toronto Area Office Market Report (Q3 2022)
- Edmonton Industrial Market Report Q3 2022
- Greater Montreal Area industrial market report (Q3 2022)
- Q3 2022 Downtown Vancouver Office Tenant Profile Report
- Canada Hotel Market Report (Mid-2022 Recap)
- Winnipeg Industrial Market Report (Q2 2022)