Job Title: Payroll Administrator
Reporting To: Payroll Manager
Position location: Toronto, Downtown
Who Are We?
Headquartered in Toronto, Canada, Avison Young is a collaborative, global firm owned and operated by its Principals. Founded in 1978, with legacies dating back more than 200 years, the company comprises approximately 5,000 real estate professionals in 120 offices in 20 countries. The firm’s experts provide value-added, client-centric investment sales, leasing, advisory, management and financing services to clients across the office, retail, industrial, multi-family and hospitality sectors.
We are seeking a Canadian Payroll Administrator to work with advanced and complex payrolls, including withholding and deductions where multi-province tax laws are involved and provide answers to employee questions regarding payroll policy and procedure.
Who Are You?
To be successful in this role, you must be detail-oriented, confident, analytical and knowledgeable with Canadian payroll practices. You can work autonomously, but also as a collaborative member of a team throughout Canada. You will work closely with the Payroll Manager, Human Resources, the Operations team and other relevant departments to ensure efficiency and consistency of payroll and operations.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Process and monitor semi-monthly and weekly payrolls across multiple provinces for employees and independent contractors in Canada.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with departments such as HR, Accounting/Finance and Operations to obtain the information required to process payroll and resolve any issues.
- Upload, verify, and audit payroll entries in UltiPro including new hires, terminations, changes, earnings, deductions, filing ROEs and more.
- Ensure that all Federal and Provincial laws and any compliance matters are followed.
- Continually review workflow to resolve payroll discrepancies by collecting, analyzing information, determining cause, and correcting in timely manner to prevent recurrence.
- Ensure accuracy by auditing payroll information for legislative compliance and internal policy compliance.
- Assist in delivering reports and information to Accounting/Finance, HR and managers as well as third parties (Workers Compensation, RPP, EHT, other) as requested.
- Assist Payroll Manager throughout the year and during Year End by running and auditing reports required for T-4, T4A and T2200 processing and filing, as well as other government reporting as needed.
- Full understanding of multi-province, multi-location payroll set up to assist Payroll Manager with new federal/provincial payroll tax setups as needed.
- Demonstrate a high level of responsiveness to inquiries and requests from managers and employees.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance preferred.
- PCP (Payroll Compliance Practitioner) payroll designation completed or in progress is required.
- Knowledge of all pertinent federal and provincial regulations, filing and compliance requirements affecting payroll.
- Experience with UltiPro Payroll highly preferred.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite including Excel and Outlook required.
- Demonstrated attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy and ability to handle multiple tasks, meet deadlines and maintain high quality work.
- Ability to ensure privacy/confidentiality of employee information at all times.
- Proven knowledge of standard payroll concepts, practices and procedures.
- Strong communication, analytical and mathematic skills.
- Preference will be given to candidates with commercial real estate experience.
Avison Young is a collaborative, global firm owned and operated by its principals. Founded in 1978, the company comprises of more than 5,000 real estate professionals in 120 offices in 20 countries providing value-added, client-centric investment sales, leasing, advisory, management, financing and mortgage placement services to owners and occupiers of office, retail, industrial and multi-family properties.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter. Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
Our Equal Opportunity Commitment
Avison Young practices as an equal opportunity employer in all services locations around the world. We are committed to building and maintaining a workforce diverse in experience, skills and knowledge with uniformity in service excellence, commitment and integrity.
The firm maintains a strict policy to ensure employment opportunities are equal and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, protected veteran or military service status, or any other elements protected by law.
For those requiring assistance with disabilities, Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Avison Young is committed to employing the best talent with the most fair and equitable recruitment practices. Apply with us TODAY!
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.