Observing National Day for Truth and Reconciliation30 Sep 2021
Truths need to be spoken, seen and understood.
Avison Young firmly believes in honouring this day. Truths need to be spoken, seen and understood. While this doesn’t resolve all the suffering for Canada’s Indigenous peoples, it is a critical step in addressing the need for reconciliation. We have a long journey ahead and it starts with acknowledging past wrongs in Canada’s history.
At Avison Young, we are encouraging our teammates to help mark this day and offer their support.
Things we can do:
- Take some time for personal reflection.
- Read the 94 Calls to Action provided by the Truth and Reconciliation Commission. You may also visit the TRC website for many additional resources regarding the Truth and Reconciliation Report. Educate yourself about Indigenous Culture: Enroll in a free, online course to explore Indigenous histories and contemporary issues in Canada: https://www.coursera.org/learn/indigenous-canada?action=enroll
- Watch live videos, available between September 27th and October 1st: https://nctr.ca/education/trw/general-public-schedule/
- Support Indigenous Communities: Donate to the National Centre for Truth and Reconciliation: https://give.umanitoba.ca/nctr
About Avison Young
Avison Young creates real economic, social and environmental value as a global real estate advisor, powered by people. As a private company, our clients collaborate with an empowered partner who is invested in their success. Our integrated talent realizes the full potential of real estate by using global intelligence platforms that provide clients with insights and advantage. Together, we can create healthy, productive workplaces for employees, cities that are centers for prosperity for their citizens, and built spaces and places that create a net benefit to the economy, the environment and the community.
Avison Young is a 2021 winner of the Canada's Best Managed Companies Platinum Club designation, having retained its Best Managed designation for 10 consecutive years.
For more information:
- Andrea Zviedris [email protected], Media Relations – Canada: +1 416.891.7416