Montreal legal services
Legal expertise and counsel that go beyond the transaction
Equipped with a unique and precise grasp of legal and business complexities, our team offers legal advice and transactional representation relating to commercial and corporate real estate transactions, including acquisitions and dispositions, financing, development and leasing.
More specifically, we provide assistance to our clients with a variety of their real estate requirements, ranging from counsel and advice to structuring, drafting, reviewing, negotiating and implementing legal documentation.
Closely aligned with Avison Young’s brokerage and consultancy, our team of legal professionals has comprehensive knowledge and experience of the various markets in which our clients conduct transactions. We are aware of the markets’ realities and trends. We understand the thought process of the various real estate professionals, such as occupants, owners, managers, developers, and investors among others. This enables us to provide our clients with unrivalled expertise. Indeed, our unique market insight, which we share with our clients, allows us to ensure that our clients’ legal concerns are properly addressed in light of the specific context of their transaction.
- All types of real estate including office, retail, hotel, industrial, multi-occupancy, residential, recreational and development properties
- Specialized legal counsel, advice and opinions
- Purchase and sale of real estate and of businesses of which real estate is a substantial asset
- Complex real estate ownership structures
- Ground leases
- Financing and loans
- Hypothecs, mortgages and other security interests