A commercial real estate broker since 2011, Karl Zeni joined Avison Young in April 2019. He brings an extensive background in market and data analysis, lead prospecting, relationship building, business development, and project management to the team. He specialises in land and multifamily assets and leads the Winnipeg Land & Multifamily Group with Todd Labelle. In January, Karl was nominated the 2020 Emerging Leaders Ambassador for Avison Young's Winnipeg office.
Prior to Avison Young, he began and developed his career at Sergio Castro Imóveis, a company established in 1949 and the leading commercial real estate brokerage in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. With a US $305 billion GDP (2017) and a population of 17 million, Greater Rio is the second-largest regional economy and financial centre in Latin America.
Throughout his career, Karl has specialised in sizeable, complex multifamily, corporate, and industrial development and redevelopment projects coincident with the representation of many of Latin America’s most prominent corporate clients, such as Banco Opportunity, Volkswagen, Anheuser-Busch InBev, 3G Capital, GPA, Gerdau, MSC, Wilsons Sons, brMalls, and Kroton Educational. He also oversaw the businesses of the company's foreign clients and was able to achieve fluency in English, French, and Spanish.
Karl is a firm believer in giving back to his community and is a committed volunteer and fundraiser for many deserving organizations including the Canadian Museum for Human Rights and Deer Lodge Centre.
- Winnipeg Real Estate Board
- Manitoba Real Estate Association
- Canadian Real Estate Association
- NAIOP - Commercial Real Estate Development Association
- ULI - Urban Land Institute
- Enrolled in the Master of Theological Studies program, Wycliffe College, University of Toronto
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, The University of Winnipeg
- Social Science Undergraduate Program, Universidade Federal do Paraná (UFPR), Curitiba, Brazil
- Certificate in Real Estate Transactions, SAEI, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Home Street Mennonite Church, Worship Committee Member, 04/2020 - Ongoing
- Canadian Museum for Human Rights, Ambassador, 02/2019 – Ongoing
- Deer Lodge Centre, Spiritual Care Visitor & Lay Worship Leader, 02/2019 - Ongoing
- St. Luke's Anglican Church - Hospitality Drop-In, Dishwasher, 08/2019 - 04/2019
|5 Acres of Land For Sale||
330 Creek Bend Road
|4971 Portage Avenue||
4971 Portage Avenue
|1501 Braecrest Drive||
1501 Braecrest Drive