Distressed Commercial Real Estate Solutions
Avison Young’s distressed property team has the extensive technical knowledge and expertise to manage, value, lease, market and sell your distressed properties to minimize risk, and maximize proceeds.
From receivership to management, leasing and disposition, corporate and asset strategy to implementation we cover a full-range of services. Our expert appraisers and knowledgeable brokers provide detailed appraisal studies and concise Broker Opinions of Value reports and Broker Pricing Opinions.Connect with my local distressed properties advisor
Our key service lines to aid in distressed asset situations:
- Valuation and Advisory Services
- Business Consulting & Advisory Services
- Real Estate Management Services
- Project Management Services
- Real Estate Consulting & Advisory Services
- Leasing Strategy & Agency Services
- Property Tax Appeal
- Capital Markets, Debt Services, & Investment Sales
Experts in all asset classes, specializing in:
- Asset and portfolio strategy
- Accredited appraisal & valuation services
- Receivership and judicial/court-ordered sale listing services
- Listing proposals and broker opinions of value
- Licensed property management services to assist receivers
- Advisory services for insolvency, workouts and restructuring (businesses, assets/real estate and debt)
- Expert witness testimony and litigation support in court or arbitration
- Corporate real estate strategy including workplace, industrial and retail footprint optimization
Structured to support your distressed property, no matter the scope.
Our services are aligned to offer full or partial support of your unique distressed property experience.
01 Understand your asset
Analyze and value distressed property situations and provide solutions to align with your business and real estate needs.
02 Take control and stabilize
Complete property administration, project management and maintenance takeover.
03 Create value
Discover and resolve unknown issues and disputes to better position your asset in the market.
04 Disposition / exit
Strategic disposition and exit strategies to effectively market and sell your assets for maximum value.
Avison Young COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Resource Centre - Global real estate insights and expertise
As this unprecedented situation continues to rapidly evolve, Avison Young's briefing notes are intended to provide our clients with an up-to-date assessment of the impact on the commercial real estate market.
- Canada Hotel Market (Mid-year 2021)
- Greater Toronto Area Commercial Real Estate Investment Review (Q2 2021)
- Greater Toronto Area Office Market Report (Q2 2021)
- Calgary Office Market Report (Q2 2021)
- Top floor types: Building Verticality & Office Leasing Trends in Vancouver, BC (Summer 2021)
- Winnipeg Industrial Market Report (Q1 2021)
- Greater Toronto Area Multi-Residential Investment Review (Q1 2021)
- Poised for growth - Canada's life sciences sector in a post-COVID-19 world
- Debt Market Monitor (June 2021)
- Debt Market Monitor (May 2021)
- British Columbia’s secondary markets getting their due as ‘beds and sheds’ demand pushes beyond traditional boundaries
- Winnipeg Office Market Report (Q1 2021)