Distressed properties commercial real estate services
Avison Young’s distressed property team has the extensive technical knowledge and expertise to manage, value, lease, market and sell your distressed properties to minimize risk, and maximize proceeds.
From receivership to management, leasing and disposition, corporate and asset strategy to implementation we cover a full-range of services. Our expert appraisers and knowledgeable brokers provide detailed appraisal studies and concise Broker Opinions of Value reports and Broker Pricing Opinions.
Our key service lines to aid in distressed asset situations:
- Valuation and Advisory Services
- Business Consulting & Advisory Services
- Real Estate Management Services
- Project Management Services
- Real Estate Consulting & Advisory Services
- Leasing Strategy & Agency Services
- Property Tax Appeal
- Capital Markets, Debt Services, & Investment Sales
Experts in all asset classes, specializing in:
- Asset and portfolio strategy
- Accredited appraisal & valuation services
- Receivership and judicial/court-ordered sale listing services
- Listing proposals and broker opinions of value
- Licensed property management services to assist receivers
- Advisory services for insolvency, workouts and restructuring (businesses, assets/real estate and debt)
- Expert witness testimony and litigation support in court or arbitration
- Corporate real estate strategy including workplace, industrial and retail footprint optimization
Structured to support your distressed property, no matter the scope.
Our services are aligned to offer full or partial support of your unique distressed property experience.
01 Understand your asset
Analyze and value distressed property situations and provide solutions to align with your business and real estate needs.
02 Take control and stabilize
Complete property administration, project management and maintenance takeover.
03 Create value
Discover and resolve unknown issues and disputes to better position your asset in the market.
04 Disposition / exit
Strategic disposition and exit strategies to effectively market and sell your assets for maximum value.
Avison Young COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Resource Centre - Global real estate insights and expertise
As this unprecedented situation continues to rapidly evolve, Avison Young's briefing notes are intended to provide our clients with an up-to-date assessment of the impact on the commercial real estate market.
Distressed property services news and updates
Avison Young’s ninth annual global Day of Giving event initiates change through action and partnership with local charitiesOctober 11, 2022
Toronto, ON – On Thursday, September 29, Avison Young held its ninth annual global Day of Giving event, providing more than 5,200 hours of service to local communities. Staff from all the firm’s geographies came together to help initiate change through action and partnership. Supporting local organizations focused on advancing sustainability, equality, and health, each Avison Young office choose its own community volunteer project in collaboration with the groups or charity that received assistance.
As Avison Young continues to expand in markets and size across the globe, the Day of Giving’s impact grows (65,000 hours and counting!). This year, approximately 80 Avison Young offices spent the day volunteering with more than 60 community organizations in Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom, Mexico, and Europe.
“We believe in the positive impact commercial real estate can make all over the world and are particularly invested in the places we live and work,” said Mark E. Rose, Avison Young’s Chair and CEO. “Our Day of Giving Day event is a way we continue to put people at the heart of everything we do – there is no better or more fulfilling day in our calendar.”
Below are some highlights from activities around the globe:
- Canada – Canadian offices helped with community clean up, food bank sorting and repairing camp facilities and living spaces for underprivileged youth.
- United States – Offices across the U.S. engaged in a variety of service work including volunteering with March of Dimes and The Salvation Army, as well as teaming with local charities including food banks.
- United Kingdom – Team members from U.K. offices partnered with Groundwork for local community clean-up and with local food pantries, holding food drives and stocking shelves.
- Mexico – The Mexico City office volunteered at a local hospital, helping with the logistical and administrative duties of supporting 140 candidates for cataract surgery.
- Germany – Together our German teams prepared the outdoor play area of an emergency children’s shelter for the fall and winter.
About Avison Young
Avison Young creates real economic, social and environmental value as a global real estate advisor, powered by people. As a private company, our clients collaborate with an empowered partner who is invested in their success. Our integrated talent realizes the full potential of real estate by using global intelligence platforms that provide clients with insights and advantage. Together, we can create healthy, productive workplaces for employees, cities that are centers for prosperity for their citizens, and built spaces and places that create a net benefit to the economy, the environment and the community.
Avison Young is a 2022 winner of the Canada's Best Managed Companies Platinum Club designation, having retained its Best Managed designation for 11 consecutive years.
- Greater Toronto Area Office Market Report (Q4 2022)
- Greater Montreal Area Office Market Report (Q3 2022)
- Greater Toronto Area Multi-Residential Investment Review (Q3 2022)
- Downtown Vancouver technology occupancy insights II (Winter 2022)
- Winnipeg Industrial Market Report (Q3 2022)
- Greater Toronto Area investment review (Q3 2022)
- Winnipeg Office Market Report (Q3 2022)
- Downtown Vancouver technology occupancy insights (Fall 2022)
- Edmonton Office Market Report Q3 2022
- Calgary Office Market Report Q3 2022
- Greater Toronto Area industrial market report (Q3 2022)
- Fall 2022 Metro Vancouver Industrial Overview